At Stepping Stones, we offer advanced instruction to children. We are committed to providing a quality preschool program where children not only learn, but also feel safe and secure and have fun. Stepping Stones offers an environment where your child can meet and exceed their full potential! We are committed to working with the families at Stepping Stones to recognize the uniqueness of each one’s lifestyle and cultural heritage.
Stepping Stones offers full-time and part-time programs. We are open weekdays from 6:30am to 6:30pm. We believe that your family will experience success as you step up to new and exciting milestones of academic excellence!
The FrogStreet Infant curriculum is designed to build strong foundations for little ones ages 0-18 months. This child-centered program includes easy-to-use activities that:
- Equip caregivers to nurture the little ones in their care.
- Optimize key windows of opportunity for growth and development.
- Are designed with intention and purpose and organized around developmental learning domains.
- Feature Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline® strategies to enhance social and emotional development.
The FrogStreet Toddler curriculum is designed around the latest scientific early brain development research, this year-round program focuses on enhancing the simple joy of childhood while equipping caregivers to nurture curiosity through exploration. Activities are designed to:
- Focus around five developmental domains.
- Offer differentiated instruction options to meet the needs of all learners.
- Be infused into daily routines, such as diaper changing, transitions, and outdoor play.
- Move children forward in their development.
Preschool / Pre-K
Our preschool program uses the distinguished Frog Street Curriculum, which prepares children ages 3-5 for academic success in kindergarten and beyond. Learning is enhanced by integrating literacy, math, science, social studies, social-emotional connections, technology, and art with daily lesson plans and workshops. Our pre-kindergarten classrooms utilize the award-winning early learning app called ABC Mouse full of games and learning activities to increase school readiness skills.
Stepping Stones uses state of the art early childhood curriculum with developmentally appropriate and intentional learning in mind for kindergarten readiness.
Frog Street Threes
Our early learning curriculum is one of the top reasons why parents choose our preschool. Children between the ages of three and five are ready to prepare for kindergarten and grade school, and we strive to give them the tools they need. Our comprehensive and research-based Frog Street curriculum involves the following, among other aspects:
- A daily focus on literacy, numeracy, and verbal language
- Assessments designed to evaluate students’ mastery of content
- Innovative learning tools in a wide range of subjects, including academics, arts, and social and emotional development
- Writing workshops and independent writing
- Storybooks to foster a love of reading
- Enrichment programs focusing on Spanish, physical education, and music
Transitional Kindergarten Program
Our Transitional Kindergarten program is designed for Kindergarten age children that miss the cut off date from the state or for children that need an extra year.
This program reviews the basics of Pre-Kindergarten skills with a focus on reading, writing, and math skills through our Frog Street Curriculum. In January, children begin focusing on Kindergarten skills following the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) guidelines.